Sunday 20 February 2011

Erwin Redl









His work really lends itself to work about the universe and our place within it. If I decide to move my work into the field of visualising information I think he could be very relevant too. Interestingly one of his main influences is James Turrell, as light is clearly one of the biggest themes in his work. His site is down at the moment but here is a quote that sums up his practice.
"Artist Erwin Redl creates large-scale LED installations and environments to investigate questions of phenomenology and perception in the age of the digital experience. He uses a metaphorical “reverse engineering” to re-translate the abstract aesthetic language of Virtual Reality and 3D computer modeling into powerful light-based architectural environments that can often quite literally destabilize the viewer’s perception of space."http://www.location1.org/imho-with-erwin-redl/

These are the ideas that I have had as a result of looking at his work, and I would like to use them for the '5 day project' happening in March in one of the project spaces..




I have found some perfect LEDs on ebay so depending on my tutorial tomorrow I may buy a load of them to get making with!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120641092276#ht_1836wt_1130

No comments:

Post a Comment